“As long as I’m learning something, I figure I’m okay–it’s a decent day.” -Hunter S. Thompson
Hello, my friend! Thank you for taking time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Which is a lot.
What you’ll find here is a little blog by a person who aims to make a difference in this world with writing. Typical, I know, but it’s all too true.
- Words. Writing. Whether my writing or someone else’s, I want to share with you what words have to offer. This world runs on words, and why not thrive on what they can give and teach.
- With great words, comes great books. I am an avid book lover; where would a writer be without first reading a book? You’ll find various book reviews, some that I’m reading currently, and also on books I’ve read in the past.
- Film. Ahh, movies. I’m a movie fanatic, and I’d like to share with you some of my thoughts and reviews on different films. Just like my posts on books, I’d like to cover a variety of topics: upcoming movies, new releases, theater visits, and older films.
- People. I adore human nature and behavior, and I will occasionally share news on wonderful people in this world.
- Music. I play music, I listen to it, I live it. I’d like to share with you some of my favorite music, as well as new artists that I’ve been listening to.
You’ll probably see a lot of .gifs in my posts. You’ll probably see one soon. Because I love them, and I love painting pictures. However, I do not own nor have I made any of them.
My name is Carrie, I’m a twenty-six year old determined and detailed empath who cries at the end of When Harry Met Sally every time. I work at a library in a average-sized city in Michigan. I received my undergraduate degree in English/Creative Writing and Journalism at Central Michigan University, and I’m currently working on my MA in English, Creative Writing at CMU. In January 2018, I will start working towards a MLIS degree at Wayne State. I’m normally a lively and energetic person (I fidget like crazy), and I like to keep my brain moving. But I also find comfort in fuzzy blankets, smothering my guy with kisses, sipping tea, and being at home. Probably something like a hobbit. I crave coffee pretty much all the time, my second home is the library, Jimmy Fallon is my spirit animal, I thrive with punk rock music, and I enjoy animals with monocles, particularly snakes and cats.
You are always welcome to ask me anything.
As a reader, you mean everything.
As a non-reader, you still mean everything.
You always do.
“People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior. By what’s underneath the surface. By the world’s inside people.”
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride…and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well…maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”
-Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
“Music is the only thing in this world, with the exception of sneezing and looking at a sunset, that takes you to a place above the mundane. Everything else is just bullshit.”
“In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit